Saturday, November 6, 2010

Erin Stern Ms. Figure Olympia 2010


What workout routine has worked best for you?
It’s my own “hybrid” routine – I train like a sprinter/jumper (plyos, powerlifting, and sprints) and like a bodybuilder to add aesthetic shape to my physique.
I love training as heavy as I can.


Sample Training Split:
M – Legs
T – Chest
W – Back
TH- Legs
F – Shoulders
S – Arms


"What bigger thrill is there than taking on a challenge and coming out on top? I’m addicted to the feeling of being exhausted after a really hard workout. It tells me that I pushed myself all the way. It keeps me coming back for more."

What is your diet like?
It’s pretty clean year-round. I follow the “if it wasn’t around 10,000 years ago, don’t eat it” rule. My diet contains lots of whole foods, veggies, lean meats, and fruit. I try to avoid wheat and some dairy (unless its low-fat). I still do a lot of sport-specific training, and I’ve found that a low-fat, higher carb, and higher protein diet work really well for me. Seriously, if I want an apple at 10pm, I will eat it. I know on the big scheme of things, it won’t affect my efforts and it keeps me happy!

Sample Diet (every 3 hours):
Meal 1: 5 egg whites, oatmeal
Meal 2: Apple & plain greek yogurt
Meal 3: Steamed veg, 4-6 oz chicken, brown rice
Meal 4: Protein shake, rice cakes
Meal 5: 4-6 oz grilled fish, salad
Meal 6: A casein shake before bed


They say that the pre and post-workout meals are the most vital meals for the day, what do yours consist of?
My pre-workout meal is usually something light with moderate carbs and a lean meat. Even though protein powder wasn’t around 10,000 years ago, I will have a whey protein isolate shake with an apple after my workout.
When trying to cut down do you prefer to use HIIT or just normal cardio?
What is normal cardio? Is that where you chain yourself to the treadmill for hours? No thanks! :)
I will walk more when cutting, but prefer sprints, supersets, stadiums, and even aqua sprints at the beach to machines.

If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?

Squats
Deadlifts
Cleans

I love the compound movements, these are functional exercises that help tie the physique together. I must admit though squats are my favorite exercise. I’ve gone as heavy as 315 pounds for four reps.
They work a lot of different muscles and are great for shaping the legs.

SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment